Happiest Thanksgiving! I hope you're all taking the day off from working & eating lot's of yummy homemade foods! I am watching a show on how turkeys are grown, processed & arrive in the grocery store & I am SO THANKFUL that our turkey is from a local farmer.
I am NOT having Thanksgiving this year. I did the turkey last year & I don't want to do that again. I was gagging the entire time I prepped the turkey (I'm a big wussy about animal guts;). The mister & I must have consulted Google 26 times. This year my mom is handling MOST of the foods. I'm bringing pecan pie, cranberry sauce & green-bean casserole. I consulted The Pioneer Woman (did you see her on throwdown with bobby flay?? she's hilarious. love her!) for all recipes, because who could possibly do Thanksgiving better. So far the pie is DONE. I hope it turns out! I actually don't really like cranberry sauce OR pecan pie, I'm doing it for the boys. Crossing my fingers! Do you experiment at Thanksgiving or stick with the traditional favorites? I'm curious about this homemade green-bean casserole, I usually dump a bunch of cans together, bake it & it's good. I'm looking forward to seeing how this turns out.
I'd love to hear what you make for Thanksgiving! Any pointers are definitely welcome:) In honor of the day, I did a top 10 Things I'm Most Thankful For list...
1. I'm thankful for that turkey & all turkeys that gave their lives for us today.
2. I'm thankful to live in a country where we can eat such an abundance of food, we are so lucky.
3. I am thankful for my greatest guy. He is SO GOOD to me.
4. I am thankful that I really LIKE the people I'm related too. They are all really cool people.
5. I am thankful for my dear close friends. So thankful.
6. I am thankful that my car is still running. I am concerned it's about to die on me. (I haven't EVER had a car payment, I'm dreading that day. Dreading.)
7. I am thankful for the adorable house I live in, in the greatest to me neighborhood in Houston.
8. I am thankful for having SO MUCH work to do that I can't imagine going to be early in the near future. I may complain sometimes, but I am so lucky. So many people are out of work right now & my heart really goes out to them.
9. I am SO thankful that I have great parents. I'm so blessed.
10. I am MOST ESPECIALLY thankful for all of you. Seriously. You guys are the greatest. Thank you so much for all of the support. It means the world.
Fun fact...Israel consumes more turkey meat than any other country in the world. Crazy huh?!
Have the happiest day!