I've been working on lacquering my cocktail table Craigslist find. It's a sweet vintage bamboo table with a glass top I picked up for $35. Lacquering is rough. It's been a lot of work & it's still in progress. The end result will be absolutely worth it. I can't wait to get it styled. Styling is my favorite. I'll highlight different styling examples this week. Everyone has a certain way of styling, a certain look. Here's some things to keep in mind when styling your cocktail table...
- Use your favorite big beautiful books to add heigth, to create different levels. I usually take the paper covers off, the actually book is usually much prettier.
- Adding a living plant or flowers, adding life to the center of your room creates so much life in the space. Using a great planter is key.
- Using beautiful boxes to store the little junk that lands on your cocktail table. I love these for an inexpensive option.
- Trays. I always use trays to keep items orderly. Plus there are so many beautiful trays out there. I use trays on nearly every surfaced that I've styled, they just pull the look together.
- Something interesting. A cool piece of art or sculpture. A ceramic piece. Something vintage & unusual. This is to add your personality to the tabletop. Something to say, this is me.
Do you have any tips for styling cocktail tables?